Blogs > Citizens' Craze

Trends can bond people of all ages, backgrounds and economic standings, and can change the direction that society is going in. Are you wondering why your kids are doing the things they do or have you noticed that your co-worker has a new, intriguing hobby? Find out if everyone is doing it. If you notice something that you think people should know about, contact me at: NHRasanders@gmail.com or you can message me on Twitter @asanders88 or @citizenscraze.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Charlie Brown: We've got another holiday to worry about. It seems Thanksgiving Day is upon us.
Sally Brown: I haven't even finished eating all of my Halloween candy.
~A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

 Every Thanksgiving I briefly rattled off why I was thankful for my family as I rolled my eyes and salivated over my plate. I gripped my fork eagerly as others said what and whom they were thankful for, waiting to dive into the endless side dishes in front of me. It wasn't until about a day ago that I paused and thought, "huh, I am pretty lucky." And others are thinking that way too.

More and more adolescents and twenty-somethings are feeling this and doing something about it, even in harsh economic times.

Helping those less fortunate than you is becoming incredibly trendy. There are fashion shows for charity, shoulder bags with peace logos or "Save Darfur" messages. Have you realized how many things are made from recyclable materials? Saving the world in the name of fashion is one new trend that should stick around. Let it be noted that a lot of this stuff is worn and created by teens. My parents, as much as they donate and help out the world by giving time, money and positive messages, wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of TOMS wrap boots.


These are the TOMS that I sport. Makes walking feel a little bit more charitable.

There are as many causes in the world as their are fashion statements. Who would have ever thought that trying to cure hunger or stop genocide could be so fashionable? You can save the world this thanksgiving and be the best dressed at the table.

On that note, I would like to briefly wax nostalgic and tell the endless world of the web that I am thankful for everything in my life that keeps me smiling daily. Thanks for my family, my boyfriend, my friends, my job, my health and you guys, who click on this link to read my weekly ramblings. It is appreciated.

Hope you all have a trendy turkey day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home