Blogs > Citizens' Craze

Trends can bond people of all ages, backgrounds and economic standings, and can change the direction that society is going in. Are you wondering why your kids are doing the things they do or have you noticed that your co-worker has a new, intriguing hobby? Find out if everyone is doing it. If you notice something that you think people should know about, contact me at: NHRasanders@gmail.com or you can message me on Twitter @asanders88 or @citizenscraze.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Staying Warm and Fashionable


Like many other snowbunnies, I have fought the battle of trying to look presentable while sporting winter boots and puffy coats to no avail. Let's face it - there are limited choices on how to stay fashionable during the winter months without freezing.


Recently, Jennifer Ribeiro, associate account executive for the clothing line Cuddl Dudds, contacted me about the product. The clothing line has been around for 40 years and I've never heard of it or anything like it.


Sure, I know the trick of wearing leggings under jeans to stay warm but I never knew that one layer that could do the trick.






"We have some major design detail changes like thumb holes in the active layer tops so if you want to layer them under sweaters it prevents them from bunching up," said Ribeiro.


They also offer a line with a lace edge "for that little extra touch if you're looking to dress up an outfit."


"Layering has been a big trend over the past few seasons because you don't want to walk around looking like the abominable snowman," said Ribeiro.


 Photos courtesy of Ribeiro.


A lot of the clothing, which is specifically cut for women, has a wicking feature to keep moisture away from the body. I personally consider that a serious benefit for people who are constantly freezing outside and instantly hot once I walk into a building.


It's too bad that I didn't hear about this earlier in life. Perhaps that way I wouldn't have felt like a marshmallow when I was 8-years-old and wandering around Macy's while I knocked down nearly every fragile ornament and decoration in the store with my winter garb.


There should be clothing lines like this for men too. (My brother has the same memory of nearly destroying the Macy's Christmas items with his bulky jacket and snow pants.)


Whether you opt to try this brand or look around for others like it, clothing like this is a no brainer in the winter. Just think of how many dresses you could wear in the snow with things like this.




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home