Blogs > Citizens' Craze

Trends can bond people of all ages, backgrounds and economic standings, and can change the direction that society is going in. Are you wondering why your kids are doing the things they do or have you noticed that your co-worker has a new, intriguing hobby? Find out if everyone is doing it. If you notice something that you think people should know about, contact me at: NHRasanders@gmail.com or you can message me on Twitter @asanders88 or @citizenscraze.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Get Crackled

As I type away with my usually plain red or french-manicured finger nails, I find myself out of my comfort zone. When I glance down at the keys, I see silver and red crackled nails scuttling around the keyboard. Those do not look like my hands.



They are my hands and they look more punk-rock or Halloween-costume-ready nails than those of a professional journalist. But, I can't help it. Two weeks ago, I got a manicure at Branford Academy School of Hair and Cosmetology and the nail artist suggested this new crackle polish. I thought why not? The worst that could happen is that I'll get some nail polish remover and wipe it off - this isn't a tattoo, after all - although it was still a daunting thought to make my usually bland, quiet nails louder.


Within 20 minutes I had pink and white crackled nails. They were memorizing. I couldn't stop looking at them. They also lasted longer than the average manicure because the crackled-pattern doesn't easily show chips and scrapes in the polish. Two weeks later, after I had picked off the remainder of my polish, I went to a convenience store and bought red and silver nail polish. 



As I walked around town with these shiny, be-speckled nails, I found that this nail polish is apparently all the rage. So if you are looking to add some subtle spice to your life, even if you are usually a red-pink polish spectrum girl like myself, try it out.





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home