Blogs > Citizens' Craze

Trends can bond people of all ages, backgrounds and economic standings, and can change the direction that society is going in. Are you wondering why your kids are doing the things they do or have you noticed that your co-worker has a new, intriguing hobby? Find out if everyone is doing it. If you notice something that you think people should know about, contact me at: NHRasanders@gmail.com or you can message me on Twitter @asanders88 or @citizenscraze.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

P90x: Should the word "extreme" really be associated with yoga?

Can you do that? Without hurting yourself? Thought so...

I tried P90x Yoga for the first time last night and it was entirely different than I expected. I did yoga on a weekly basis for two years and I found P90x Yoga to be a challenge, but at the same time, monotonous and repetitive.

P90x Yoga is and hour and a half long, which is longer than anything should take if you repeat what you're doing once or more in that time period. While the first part was boring, the balance poses were challenging. Just imagine trying to do a standing split. Or this for that matter....


The yoga session ended with an abdominal workout, which was the most enjoyable part of the hour and a half time period. After the abdominal workout, I got to lay around in corpse pose and rock back and forth in happy baby pose, which was a nice reprise from twisting my body into shapes it isn't made to bend in. 

Overall, the workout wasn't fulfilling, although it did leave me somewhat sore so I at least felt like I accomplished something. Tomorrow it is back to running, potentially with a p90x upper body workout to cap it off - if I have it in me. 

Latest mistake: not drinking enough water before a run. The weather is getting warmer and I have to stay on top of this water drinking thing. Oddly, I think that is the most challenging part of this training schedule for me. But now, I have a 1 liter water bottle next to my desk that I will fill every few hours. It's empty now, but I swear I'll fill it up before the next workout...

New focus: speed workouts. I have been working on improving my running time but over the next few weeks it will become my main focus.

New project: creating new workout play lists tomorrow. My form, focus and speed is much better when I workout to music.

The best thing about this training plan is a constantly changing workout schedule and setting goals that will benefit me both now and in the long run.

Happy working out!




Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home