Blogs > Citizens' Craze

Trends can bond people of all ages, backgrounds and economic standings, and can change the direction that society is going in. Are you wondering why your kids are doing the things they do or have you noticed that your co-worker has a new, intriguing hobby? Find out if everyone is doing it. If you notice something that you think people should know about, contact me at: NHRasanders@gmail.com or you can message me on Twitter @asanders88 or @citizenscraze.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

P90x: Pardon The Interruption

I may have mentioned in a blog post from eons ago that I am running a 5k this summer and started some sort of doable training schedule a few months ago until P90x came into my life. My view was: This will be even better than running because I will be super fit, right? Wrong.



My former co-worker, who I am going to (attempt to) run this 5k with, sent me a friendly e-mail the other day about how she has been sticking to her running training schedule and she is, in fact, running a 5k this weekend.

What 5k? Oh yeah, that whole thing I agreed to a few months ago... 

I panicked slightly because although the race isn't until June 25, I haven't run in a few weeks thanks to the rigorous P90x workouts. I was at the point where I was running a comfortable three miles and trying to improve my speed. I never thought a two week slump would make much difference, until I ran yesterday.

It may have partially been the humidity, but I don't remember the last time I had such a miserable run. My legs, which I thought were turning into legs of steel thanks to P90x, felt like lead. I tried again this morning and it was slightly better, but I was still lumbering up hills instead of gliding.

What I've learned: I can't stop running unless I want to look like a fool in this race.

My new plan: Combine P90x with a running schedule. Days that call for plyometrics or leg workouts will be running days.

Caveat: I am not giving up, just switching it up so I don't die in this race. 

Slacking: I haven't been drinking my protein shakes, which seemed to keep my energy levels up. But I'm learning. My excuse is that I'm a rookie.



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home