Blogs > Citizens' Craze

Trends can bond people of all ages, backgrounds and economic standings, and can change the direction that society is going in. Are you wondering why your kids are doing the things they do or have you noticed that your co-worker has a new, intriguing hobby? Find out if everyone is doing it. If you notice something that you think people should know about, contact me at: NHRasanders@gmail.com or you can message me on Twitter @asanders88 or @citizenscraze.

Friday, April 15, 2011

P90x Day 1: I can feel that I have muscles!

I survived day one of my 90 day fitness plan following P90x. Don't act so surprised. I'm a champ, you know.

All right, so I'll admit that I struggled through the hour and 15 minute chest, back and abdominal workout. I can comfortably do about 25 pushups. But P90x guru, Tony Horton, asked me to do far more then 25 regular pushups. There were diamond pushups, dive-bombers, military pushups, you name it...

And it is just as painful as it sounds, in case you were curious.



But if I want to be as fit as the girl (Marina, I think is her name?) in the initial workout video who, as Horton said, is "stronger than the average bear," I have to push through it. So I did.

Breathing, walking and thinking hurt after I was done. Chelsea, my friend who is doing the workout with me, said that it hurt to lift her beer after.

Editor's note: Beer is probably not the best choice for an after p90x drink, but in my non-expert opinion, perhaps it will help you relax your muscles. And you are allowed one liquid snack in the diet plan, so that was it.

Yes, there is a (loose) diet plan that comes with the program. I think will be pretty easy to follow, actually. No junk food and portion control, that's about it. Ok, so I gave in and had a burger after the workout, but apparently that counts as protein, so I'm safe.

After work today I will embark on day two of the plan, which is mostly plyometrics. Wish me luck!


Chelsea, me and Chelsea's brother Jake doing pull up exercises with resistance bands.

Verdict: P90x, albeit challenging, is not as impossible as I thought it would be.

Advice: stretch before trying any of the exercises.
Invest in protein shakes - they help you feel full and make up for all the calories you burned while trying not to faceplant while doing pushups.

Results: Three pulled muscles, feeling fit and energized, but was incredibly tired after the workout

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home