Blogs > Citizens' Craze

Trends can bond people of all ages, backgrounds and economic standings, and can change the direction that society is going in. Are you wondering why your kids are doing the things they do or have you noticed that your co-worker has a new, intriguing hobby? Find out if everyone is doing it. If you notice something that you think people should know about, contact me at: NHRasanders@gmail.com or you can message me on Twitter @asanders88 or @citizenscraze.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

P90x: Legs, Back and Running in Heels

Last week, I did the P90x legs and back workout and it was wonderful. I upped my weight by 5 pounds (don't get too excited - I am only using 10 pound weights) and I breezed through it. I'm not sure if it is because I work some of those same muscles running, but whatever it was, I liked it. 



Today I want to talk about a different kind of workout that many people have most likely accidentally done before: wearing high heels. Better yet: running in high heels.

Today I wore 3 inch pumps to work and was called out to cover a story. Not a big deal. But I went out to cover this story in a torrential downpour that didn't let up. 

I found that running to and from my car and buildings in the rain made my calves feel great. I've noticed this when I have danced in heels or walked all day in heels but I haven't ever really tried running in heels.

For the record, I don't recommend it as I almost fell on my face and I don't want you to fall on yours. But after a day when I already ran and did some other leg workouts, the heels helped me feel like I did a little more work.


While that isn't a feasible unconventional workout, I'll try to find some more that are actually good (and safe) to do. I don't want to bore you all with straight P90x and running talk.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home